ASSESSMENT ON DISEASES OF POTATOES
Student NAME AMANJIT KAUR ST. ID 0038
ASSESSMENT ON DISEASES OF POTATOES
- Root-knot ( roundworm ) – :
Casual organism- : meloidogyne hapla and m.chitwoodi root-knot roundworms are among the most of import job in murphy production. M.chitwoodi is doing more terrible tuber harm.
Symptoms- : it rarerly causes above land symptoms in murphies. Pimple like bumps and balls on tubers appear. Both species produce brown musca volitanss within the vascular ring. The females white organic structure and the egg pouch incorporating eggs produced outside the organic structure frequently can be seen with a manus lens in the Centre of the brown topographic point.
- Cultural control- : usage merely certified seed inspected for roundworms. Donot return tare soil from murphy or other harvests to your farm. Avoid utilizing waste ditch H2O for irrigation. Weed control within rotary motion harvests is critical because many weeds are suited hosts for root-knot roundworms. Avoid hive awaying tubers from the field infested with M.chitwoodi.
- Chemical control- : no control technique of all time eliminates roundworms from dirt and the they finally infect the tubers. Following Recommendations should cut down the diseases impact- : dirt fumigation in autumn is extremely recommended but spring fumigation is possible one standards for fumigation conditions are met. Soil temperatures and wet for fumigation are better in autumn than spring. Mocap protects the treated country from migrating roundworms for 5 to 6 hebdomads. Combine preplant dirt fumigation and nematicide application for high population.
Root-knot in murphies
- Early on blight, Alternaria solani- :
Casual organism- : Alternaria solani ( fungus )
Symptoms- : It shows up foremost on the lower foliages as dark round musca volitanss with homocentric rings that increase to about l/4 inch in diameter. The musca volitanss develop a mark form. Similar musca volitanss may besides develop on the roots subsequently in the season. Spots may besides develop on the tubers — these musca volitanss are sunken or raised with a definite margin.The early blight fungus overwinters in murphy tubers, on murphy harvest garbage and in the dirt. The fungus produces spores which are carried by the air current. Infection occurs when spores land on foliages that remain wet for a few hours. Early blight is favored by warm, humid conditions. Early infection reduces tuber outputs by cut downing the sum of foliages and the sum of nutrient that will be stored in the tubers.
Control- : Control of early blight begins with a autumn killing of all murphy harvest garbage and by utilizing healthy seed tubers in the spring. Potatos should be planted in a different portion of the garden than last twelvemonth. If early blight shows up on the lower leaves before or at blossoming, spray the workss with antifungal to forestall new infections on healthy foliages. Early blight about ever occurs on the vines as they mature subsequently in the season. This late infection does non cut down output and control is non necessary. Chlorothalonil antifungals ( Ortho Multi-Purpose antifungal ) offer the best control of early blight while Cu antifungals are less effectual, supplying merely just control.
Early on blight in murphies
- Rhizoctonia root canker- :
insouciant organism- : fungus Rhizoctonia solani
symptoms- : the symptoms of the disease are found on the both above and below land parts of the works. Black scurf is the most conspicuous mark of this disease. Fungus forms dark brown to black difficult multitudes on the surface of tuber. Stolons and roots can besides be infected by pathogen. The lesions become cankers at their mature phase and besides become unsmooth and brown and have craters and clefts. Stolon cankers besides affect form, size and figure of tubers produced.
Control- : effectual direction of this disease necessitate execution of an incorporate disease direction attack and cognition of each phase of disease. Following are the control methods- :
- Cultural control- : works certified seed free of sclerotia.planting seed tubers in warm dirt and covering them with every bit small dirt as possible velocities spout and root development and outgrowth cut down the hazard of root canker. Potatoes shoul be harvested every bit shortly as tegument is set to minimal bruising will happen. Donot shit infested tubers on future murphy Fieldss as the can go beginnings of inoculants.
- Biological control- : integrating a mustard screen harvest. It is of import to maximise growing of screen harvest utilizing a high seed rate and irrigation to better constitution if rainfall is deficient. The bio-fumigation benefits of mustard residues are maximized if they are incorporated at or merely before blooming.
- Chemical control- : seed treatment- several merchandises have been specifically developed for control of seed borne murphy diseases. These include Tops MZ, Maxim MZ and Monocoat MZ.
In-furrow applied fungicides-products such as Moncut and Amistar applied in furrow at seting hold given consistent and first-class control of disease.